View Single Post
      05-25-2023, 01:25 PM   #26
frank70
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp. iX M60 on order

I am a bit so-so about the new i5 / 5 Series and specifically the electric i5. In the looks department : i think you need to see it in the flesh and i think it will be OK looks-wise then. In certain pictures / videos i have seen sofar i must admit that i have some doubts, but this was the same for some other BMW models that turned out OK in the flesh.

Then the i5 M60. I have a iX M60 on order which i should get in 3 months from now, but have been having some doubts if a i5 M60 would not have been the better choice. I was expecting the same 619 Euro HP / 1100 Nm torque and a better range than the iX M60 due to better aerodynamics. In this department i am a bit disappointed because it 'only' has 601 HP and more important only 800 Nm torque. And also quite a lot of less range than the iX where i was expecting a better range.

So all in all my doubts regarding the iX M60 vs i5 M60 are gone, and i will be happy getting my iX soon.

Until then i will keep enjoying my G80 M3 competition which is also a fine machine......
Appreciate 3