10-02-2023, 02:56 PM   #39
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaffari46 View Post
No I’m not kidding, I have 2 BMWs and one tesla. I have had i4 for couple of months. I don’t think you have much experience with tesla.
Range is important especially if you live in US, especially in north. In subzero temperatures you can not drive these “premium German car” more than 100 miles before you get nervous.
The other thing is having a drive shaft tunnel is an electric car! Why? Yeah because they want to use the same body of their ICE car. An electric car doesn’t need to have a long overhang bonnet and a drive shaft tunnel ( like i7 and i5).
Anyhow, market will talk.
Tesla consumers return in 67%, average luxury brand 46 percent.
I’m enjoying my M2, but driving my tesla when I feel to drive an electric car. This is my second tesla and BMW has to work harder to get even close to tesla, despite the comparable price range. Just look at I4 vs tesla 3 sales numbers.
My premium German EV has a heat pump, winter temps do not bother it as much, it has a transmission hump because it has a 2 speed transmission, and looks, drives and overall is better than a Tesla Model S. No Tesla has ever hit it's EPA range, outside of absolute perfect conditions, and other than being fast on launch (which it can only do a few times) it is a chore to drive. No thanks, will stick to Porsche and BMW for EVs as they are far superior.
2020 Porsche Cayenne E Hybrid (sold)
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 2
BMW-X157.00