View Single Post
      12-13-2023, 03:13 AM   #308
valir
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 630i Gran Turismo

I have made, after checking close in person the new G60 series, a list of items where in my opinion BMW cut down the costs compared with G30/G31/G32 (I own the G32 LCI which has mainly the same interior as G30).

In no particular order:
- hard plastic (bottom side) on the door panels + some textile material (instead of sensatec)
- door pockets do not have now felt (textile material) on the inner side
- there are no more backseat pockets
- coffee holders in front and back are not covered anymore, no more storage space in the rear backrest where the cup holders are
- no more laser lights
- no more chrome covers on the exhaust pipes
- panoramic roof a bit larger but can not be open
- sunshades covered in plastic now
- comfort seats have less adjustments possible and some are just mechanical now
- no more soft-close function for the doors
- comfort access do not work on the rear doors
- cheap plastic covering the subwoofers and the speakers on the top dashboard (was metal on the dashboard for the HK system)
- the small pocket on the lower left side of the dashboard (for items like coins) is not anymore
- no more direct button on the steering wheel to adjust the adaptive distance from the car in front (you need to go in the OS)
- no more door sills
- no more LED strip on the rear doors (cute light bar only in front and only for the electric and hybrid models in Europe)
- the steering wheel do not have the possibility of stitched Sensatec, the hub is only plastic
- the glovebox is not lockable anymore as far as I have seen

On the positive side, the screens are OK, the camera washers are usefull, this I would have like also to my G32.

Last edited by valir; 12-13-2023 at 03:22 AM..
Appreciate 0