View Single Post
      05-24-2023, 12:44 AM   #221
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT2 View Post
I just don’t have a mindset to compare this to the G30 as better or worse. It’s a separate car and a separate judgement for me. Maybe that’s because I’m enamored with my M550 right now and there really won’t be another one. I certainly see the M560e as being a new species and not a continuation of its predecessor in the lineup. If I were still driving the 540 and had no affinity for the (almost) all ICE V8, perhaps I’d look at it differently.

Regardless, it’s nice to not be looking with much bias and just waiting to see if I like it, all on its own.

There is just so much change happening in operating systems, interior methods of utility, interior design, and of course powertrains that it doesn’t seem like much of an evolution, outside of exterior styling.

I won’t be in the market for the G60 anytime soon and will hopefully have my G30 M550 for a long time (beyond daily driving duty). But that’s not as much a function of my judgement on the G60 as it is a function of how much I love what I’ve got.

It seems unpopular to be positive around here, but I honestly think it’s going to pretty awesome and I hope it sells like hotcakes. I want the 5 series to be around for a long long time. It’s a great segment.
Yeh agree
I’m of the same mindset having alos just got a m550
Feels like another bmw rather than a 5 in my head.
I can see this being popular. I can also see it dating the g30 quite quickly because of some quite different philosophies here. The design language has some i7(no surprise really) and xm cues. Ones I’m not not personally a fan of but here it’s ok I guess. The interior will also be of the new generation which was really one of the main reasons I wanted a g30 instead. I just can’t warm to the curved display and cluster yet with its touch controls. I still firmly believe that’s not the appropriate technology for use in a car , at least on the move anyway. No gear knob and a flat bottomed steering wheel , again servers no ergonomic purpose.

That’s just my view and I know others will disagree , and that’s fine.
I suspect this will be a winner, after all it’s a bmw 5 !
So is there anything in here that I would wish on my g30? Well perhaps the level 3 autonomous features buts all I can think of so far until we get all the details

Any remorse about buying my m550, not so far.

Be very interested in the announcement later today
Wonder if they will announce prices or whether that will be later in the year
Appreciate 1
NGT25662.50