05-18-2023, 11:15 PM   #113
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbrown View Post
Uhhh, no. Don’t want either the X5 (had 2) or 7er (had E38). All great in their own right but not what I want and I’m certain there are plenty like me in the US and around the world. You’re entitled to your opinion but it doesn’t mean that’s what others want. I have a G30 540i and will replace it with either a G60 540i, M560e or M5 touring. Notice 2 of 3 are hybrids if they materialize for US customers so I’m not hung up on ICE, but I do want my sedan. The boss loves her X3 so I don’t need one.
I do run the new car inventory at a BMW store so I do have some pretty good insight on the topic. By no means do I think the 5 series is a bad car, quite the opposite. It’s one of the better looking cars in the lineup and drives great…people just aren’t buying them. That’s partially now because it’s at the end of its lifecycle, but the other is many are switching to SUV’s. Not sure if it’s the price point or just the current trend in this country.

I’m looking forward to the G60 and hope it’s a great success, but in my opinion the i5 won’t be a popular option…especially if the price point is north of 80k.