View Single Post
      04-24-2024, 05:05 PM   #11
Lmat
Registered
Rep
Drives: i5

I've recently returned from a long road-trip in an i5: Pacific NW -> LA -> Tucson -> Austin (eclipse!!) -> New Mexico -> Moab -> home. The car's predicted mileage range was practically useless. I saw 100% = 202 miles and 93% = 406 miles. The prediction seemed to be heavily influenced by recent elevation changes, rather than mapped future elevation changes.
Generally love the car. My last car was a 530e, and I had a Tesla S before that. Only major annoyances on this road trip were spotty CarPlay connections and Electrify America. BMW should be embarrassed by its partnership with such a third-rate company. It's not just that many chargers were out of service, it's also that plug and play only worked about half the time and the other billing approaches sometimes didn't work at all.
And, though I feel a bit like Woody Allen for saying it, there aren't nearly enough EA chargers.
(From Annie Hall: "“There's an old joke - um... two elderly women are at a Catskill mountain resort, and one of 'em says, "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible." The other one says, "Yeah, I know; and such small portions." Well, that's essentially how I feel about life - full of loneliness, and misery, and suffering, and unhappiness, and it's all over much too quickly.”")
Appreciate 5
SkykingUSA1445.00
Slyslap54.50
Scrapula2889.00