United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Garage List
2021 BMW M3C  [10.00]
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiw1 View Post
These products arrived yesterday, and I have the COLORLOCK on the way for the interior. Thanks for the recomendations.

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

Couple of questions:
  • Do you use the matte paint body wash in your foam cannon after first rinse? I have some Mr. Pink Super Suds from Chemical Guys which I have been using on my other cars which doesn't seem to be too bad
  • Any tips for the final finish? On the box it recommends using it after you have washed the car - I.e., don't rinse/dry the car before applying it. It also seems as though it's good for cleaning on the go, for touch ups etc.
I have used the matte body wash as a foam, but it's not great. I have a gallon of chemical guys matte soap purely for foaming. This is the only non-Dr Beasley's product I use on my frozen white.

I honestly rarely use final finish. The key with a matte finish are frequent washes, and less touching of the paint with quick detailers (too much abrasive friction). I use final finish shortly after washes on possible dust or spots. But I do not touch the car again till it's next wash when I have a ton of suds and foam. This tactic has worked out very well. My car is a daily, 50+ miles a day, sits outside, has over 12k miles, and literally still looks new. (No added gloss)

Where most people screw up is touching the paint too much, which theoretically polishes the paint. And as you know, any swirls or scratches are there forever.

It look me a lot to be comfortable with having a dirty car for up to 2 weeks, and understanding that I'm actually taking better care of it with this approach.

For perspective; I have coated the entire car with Dr Beasley's paint coating pro kit (the $500 one), and every 3-5 months I do a spray of their advanced coat matte. I also never dry with a microfiber, I use a CR Spotless resin filter system for the final rinse. Again, less contact with the paint.
Appreciate 0