View Single Post
      02-23-2024, 12:49 PM   #22
pr0gi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 40i, X3 M40i

The decline in quality is evident. Perhaps they're using more sustainable materials, which, in my opinion, makes it worse with each new generation. Our G11 and F26 models were excellent inside and out, both mechanically and visually. However, since then, I've been disappointed with BMW's offerings. The G01, compared to the F26 has much more plastic and cost-cutting materials. I was surprised by the removal of the extended sun visor and how cheap it feels like to touch in the G01. While the G05 is slightly better than the G01, the difference isn't substantial, althought they have similar spec. We were given a G60 550e for a week to test and everything felt even cheaper. While the materials may look nice, they give off a sense of overpricing. I particularly disliked the plastic feel of the lower part of the steering wheel which initially, I mistook it for aluminum. These are just a few examples, but they highlight the overall direction BMW goes. Certainly, the G60 is a nice car and it felt great to be inside and drive it but...
Wills28681.50
SkykingUSA1415.00
Blue Angel1035.00