tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
This debate has been beaten to death, and I'm not going to try and flip the script. In my opinion...putting the M before the model designation had nothing to do with the rebirth/revival of the Motorsport division M535. It was done for marketing purposes to get people to say "I own an M car". I never thought that when owning an M340i, and really wish they had toned down the M badges and name, but that's just me.
I never thought that either when I owned am M340i. I thought this car has the M designation because it has a more highly tuned motor than the F30 340i, bigger M Sport brakes, and a limited slip differential the F30 340i didn’t have. Obviously we see it differently. I think very few people other than serious enthusiasts care about having an M car and, therefore, have no interest in telling others they have an M car. Most enthusiasts on this and other BMW forums don’t really care about having an M car. M cars are great, no doubt, but most BMW enthusiasts are like me and are perfectly happy owning “regular” BMWs and that’s why we choose not to spend the extra money an M car costs.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!