View Single Post
      05-04-2024, 10:48 AM   #1
lzzzzzy
Rep
Drives: BMW G11 760 i

Interested in Purchasing a G82 M4 Out of State

Hi everyone!

I'm currently in the market for a used M4 Competition xDrive (post-2021 generation) and have found several attractive deals out of state. One particular vehicle, a 2022 model with over 20,000 miles, was previously used as a rental. While I recognize the M4's capabilities, I am aware that rental cars can sometimes be mistreated.

The original warranty is still active (about half remaining), and my plan is to sell the car after the warranty expires. However, I'm concerned about potential issues that may not be covered by the warranty or the possibility of a dealership denying coverage.

Since I am thousands of miles away, I haven't been able to inspect the car physically. Would it be reasonable to request photos of the brakes, ball joints, transfer case, etc.? I'm hesitant to ask, as I don't want to waste the owner's time if I decide not to purchase.

I'm also contemplating the risks of owning a potentially abused car under warranty, especially since I take great care of my vehicles. I have no prior experience dealing with such issues.

What are your thoughts on buying a used G82 for daily? Alternatively, should I consider a G14 M850i, which might offer a better condition vehicle within the same budget?

Thank you!!
Appreciate 0