04-28-2024, 06:06 AM   #43
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc-m3 View Post
Nothing like that. Car pulling from a stopped lane into my lane and being able to stop with just inches to spare. My passengers were sure we were going to hit them. example 2, 2 lanes of traffic, a car to my right just ahead of me, a truck turns left in front of us from the right side of the road. I didn't see the truck as the other car blocked my view. The other car hit the rear end of the truck, the truck moved slowly across my lane, debris flying everywhere. 45 zone and I was able to slow enough that the truck cleared from in front of me. My wife thought it was magic with the path clearing in front of us. In both cases if my car didn't have superior tires I would not have been able to slow in time and would have hit something. Absolutely no 'Pushing it' on my part.
Good to know you were safe.

Personally, I don't think it would've made much difference as the Indys aren't bargain-basement in terms of performance and I try to slow down even more and look out for ppl that are clueless and step out like that.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0