02-29-2024, 02:50 AM   #17
SkykingUSA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 i5 eDrive40

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
It feels much more powerful than the G30 version of the B58 engine. It just feels as if it has limitless power that's available instantly. Hard to imagine how anyone could want or need more power but guess that's a rather subjective issue. The engine is whisper smooth and there's no vibration or harshness at all. I have always hated auto stop-start and my prior G30 540xi had a button beneath the start button that permanently disabled this. So I was prepared to either drive in sport mode all the time or just bite the bullet and try to get used to it. Well, I was amazed with how unobtrusive and fast the ASS works on this car. It's almost instantaneous and you don't even hear or feel it. Would I prefer that it was defeatable? Sure, but this is really just fine.
The ride is buttery smooth. What a pleasure coming from the hard jolts of the RFT's that BMW has used up until now (my car came with Continental Procontact tires). Steering is light but very precise and responsive and braking is linear and easily modulated.
The technology and customization avaliable for this car is almost unimaginable. It's very, very complex and I'm going to guess it'll take me at least a month of tinkering and diving into all it can do to even begin to get comfortable with all it offers. But I like this kind of thing and look forward to what is sure to be a steep learning curve.
The B&W audio sounds great even though I haven't had chance to really put it through its paces yet.
The Veganza seats are significantly more comfortable than the Dakota leather seats in my G30 (both have the luxury seating package). Soft and supple with great support. Haven't found the perfect settings yet to store, but that'll come in the next couple of days.
So just some initial impressions which I'll update as I get more familiar with this really amazing car.
Congratulations on taking delivery! As you get more time in the car, I look forward to hearing more about your experiences. I bet those 19" wheels help make the ride as smooth as it can be. It's also nice to see a non-M Sport trim - most of the cars we see on here have the M-Sport exteriors. I like 'em both!
2024 i5 eDrive40 / Vegas Red / Black Veganza / Dark Oak Gloss Trim with Dark Silv Acc / Premium Package / M Sport Package / M Sport Pro Package / Driving Assistance Pro Package / Luxury Seating Package / 19" 936 M Aero Wheels NonRFT

Appreciate 4
OHV_441886.00
PsychDoc1835.00
Trevor G1618.00