Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
maybe but this is still not a fun car to drive... it weighs a ton, is xdrive and has somewhay numb steering... plus its huge.
Why is the current gen M5 winning tons of accolades in the automotive press and YouTube reviewers? It has all of those qualities, maybe a bit less heavy.

Not being argumentative truly I’m just trying to understand. The way I’m looking at it is once you get a car to a certain size and weight of course it may be less fun than a light Cayman but isn’t there the most fun version of whatever a large 4 door sedan can ever be? Like certainly its more fun to drive than a Toyota Camry? If you want a large 4 door sedan that seats 5 adults how would a new M5 rank vs German and Japanese competition in the class, really far behind?

Of course for pure fun I’d rather have an F87 M2CS 6 speed RWD or whatever it the swan song car was for that gen M2. But I can’t stuff five large adults into it?

I guess the counterargument to my argument is that you shouldn’t be driving balls out with 4 other adults in the car At least not 4 mature ones But you gotta drive back on your own after dropping them off, right? 😝
Appreciate 3
deutsch1004085.50
Scrapula2955.00
SkykingUSA1484.00