View Single Post
      02-11-2024, 09:51 AM   #82
535gtxenon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 535gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDBD View Post
A luxury vehicle has things even if rarely used like an umbrella on a Rolls Royce. BMW appears to be in a mission to cut costs by removing features that cost money. Even Ford is getting rid of auto parallel parking to save $60/vehicle because only 5% use it.

One issue with the touchscreen controls is only one thing can be changed each touch. Many times my wife and I want to change our side cabin temp, heated seat level, heated steering wheel and radio channel which all have to be done sequentially. Very annoying in the iX loaner.

If I wanted a Tesla touchscreen experience I would just get a Tesla. BMW is chasing the wrong customer by their cost reduction changes IMHO.

I doubt I will get a G60 after my 2023 540 because as noted the new interior is less user friendly.
I completely agree. People forget the premium price paid for cars like BMW or Mercedes, supposed to bring you feelings that things are well thought of, operated smoothly (not just the engine but overall experience) and almost perfect wherever you look. BMW is supposed to be the most "royal" brand that people coming back buying again and again. Why would I keep buying if I find out there is a huge learning curve and cheap materials for each generation? And in terms of things like voice command can do things buttons do, that just completely misses the point. I pay 70K for a mid size sedan because it gives more choices and freedom on operating the car, not limiting me to just one option because BMW thinks it is "better" (and actually many of such "better" alternatives are not better, just look at they bring back the non run-flat tires, or Apple bring back the HDMI to the macbook instead of limiting to just USB-C). And compare to Telsa is also non sense. If 540i starting 38000 like model 3, I would be fine with all these imperfections, and do everything on one big screen, but the fact is it almost double the price.

Have some long term vision. Especially now, as legacy brands are loosing their edges on the ICE techs because EV make it much easier for new manufactories. I would say more than ever experience is more vital for BMW as their 6-cylinder starts to disappear in their cars.
Appreciate 3
DaveDBD156.50
SkykingUSA1484.00
Blue Angel1042.50