View Single Post
      10-08-2023, 09:08 AM   #84
BimmerGuyFL78
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW G30 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
Hmm...that seems slow. I want to see what C and D comes up with....their times normally seem to be the quickest when it comes to BMW.

I think BMW actually advertises the m60 at 3.7...so it has to be faster.
Yes, Car and Driver does get a faster 0-60 because they take into account a 1 foot roll out/delay, which is making it seem faster than what it really is. For everyday driving what CarWow did for testing is more indicative of what happens in the real world. Bimmerpost also tested the i5 M60 and it got even slower for 0-60 in 3.8 seconds.

BEV’s in general are impressive because the initial trust is instant but at higher ends they lose momentum faster than an ICE equivalent performer would be, which in most cases the equivalent ICE model keeps building more power at higher ends.

So far I don’t see the big deal in BEV’s. They’re not convinent for recharging due to longer times and charging stations scarcely available, They do not handle as well as an ICE vehicle at higher speeds at cornering limits due to their heavy batteries, rear seat leg/interior room seems less because of the higher floor board where the batteries are in, less trunk room, and the price premium.