View Single Post
      08-16-2021, 08:19 AM   #40
Gregrobin
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 335i

No kids here, easy answer is No. First I would not "buy" a car for a kid. My parents made me buy my first car with money I saved up from 2 paper routes and washing dishes at a restaurant at night. I hated them for it, but I now absolutely appreciate what they taught me. Second, BMWs depreciate too much, not a good lesson to teach a kid and the maintenance as a daily driver is costly. Unless you are going to make them pay for it, No.

I'd go with something more reliable, an 8+- year old Toyota or Honda. And if you want to help, then don't :-)

BTW, they also made me pay my own way thru college as well. There was one semester I needed some help so they paid for it. I worked 40+ hours at nights to pay my own way thru.

I have never been a fan of "buying a kid a car" or "paying their way thru college". Help them. support them yes, but you are not teaching them any valuable lessons buy doing this for them.

Last edited by Gregrobin; 08-16-2021 at 08:27 AM..
Appreciate 1
br2wdc333.50